Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On Updates

I am terribly sorry that things run so slowly. I don't write a lot of poetry in general, and I have a collection of short stories that I have tried working on, get to the last bit, and move on. I tend to finish those stories, but much later!

I am writing, but I am writing a novel that I hope to publish someday. A group of my friends recommended I keep it off of the Internet, so most of my writing is barred from this blog. When I have shorter works, I will post them here, but this project is demanding all of my attention.

I am a Cornell student, too, and taking organic chemistry. My time for writing is quite limited, especially as preliminary exams approach. During the long breaks, I have more time (in between Post-Test Stress Disorder nightmares) and will post more often.

In the meantime, I apologize for the sporadic writing! I am working on something!

For those curious as to what this behemoth is, I will provide the premise. It's not at all formal or well-written for an agent, but just in case you ARE curious:

A twelve-year war rages in the west over an empty throne. Justin DeBlazz, son of a legendary war hero and an adventurer at heart, enjoys the little peace in the grand city of Rubenville - that is, until his orphaned cousin Tara arrives. Within months, a band of elite mercenaries come to take the girl in the night. He must travel into the cursed land of Deeagor and find out who sent the mercenaries and what their intentions are.

Essentially, Justin is a champion swordsman and a beloved personality in the  Catsnian court. His best friend Mark is always at his side to make trouble with him. One morning, Justin finds his cousin Tara in his home, newly orphaned and lost. They take her in, but mercenaries follow to take her as well. Justin and Mark defeat the first two, but the third is the legendary killer, Astarte. Without killing a single guard, Astarte steals Tara away, and Justin, Mark, and Dominick set out to save the girl. A great journey ensues that holds the fate of the war in its balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment